Oven Barbecue Ribs slathered in the most delicious sticky barbecue sauce with a kick of garlic and optional heat!
Juicy melt-in-your-mouth oven baked Barbecue Ribs are fall-off-the-bone delicious! Double up on amazing flavour with an effortless to make dry rub first, then coat them in a seasoned barbecue sauce mixture so addictive you won’t end at a single! Finger licking good ribs appropriate right here!
These pork barbecue ribs are a no fail, hands down loved ones favourite recipe. There is nothing greater than letting your oven do all the perform for you, while smelling the incredible BBQ pork aromas drifting all by way of the residence. Sitting down to a plate of steaming sizzling sticky pork ribs is what’s happening this Father’s Day for a lot of of our American readers! Get ready for the very best ribs of your daily life!
You have all been loving our slow cooker ribs for a handful of many years now, but many of you have asked how to make ribs in the oven. Are you ready?
RIBS IN THE OVEN
Oven, slow cooker or on the barbecue pork ribs are so versatile they can be cooked either way. If you enjoy soft, fall-off-the-bone ribs, then go for our slow cooker technique. But, if you really like juicy, tender and crispy ribs with caramelised edges, then this oven ribs approach is for you!
HOW TO Remove THE MEMBRANE/SKIN OFF Baby BACK RIBS
This is a controversial and private step when cooking ribs. I grew up consuming ribs with the skin left on and only started removing them about ten many years ago — advice from a chef. Personally, I adore the chewiness of the membrane when left on, BUT, I also really like the ease of eating ribs with it eliminated.
Go with what YOU adore!
- Flip ribs more than with bone/rack-side dealing with up. Carefully slide a blunt knife underneath the membrane at 1 finish of the rack.
- Lift to loosen the membrane off of the bone.
- Utilizing a sheet of paper towel to hold onto the membrane, peel it off the back of the ribs.
- It ought to come off in 1 piece.
HOW TO COOK RIBS IN THE OVEN
The simplest barbecue ribs besides slow cooking!
- Put together ribs as above, then pat them dry with a sheet of paper towel.
- Rub with our dry rub mixture (recipe beneath). I like to drizzle some olive oil more than them for the ideal juicy, tender and crispy final results.
- Arrange them on a lined baking tray. You can use foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for a couple of hours, then slather with our BBQ sauce mixture. Use a brush or spoon to spread it evenly over the tops.
- Broil (or grill) for an added 2-5 minutes to get crispy, charred edges.
Our marinade is only made up Four ingredients!
- BBQ sauce — use a great high quality bbq sauce for this recipe. You can use a smoky flavoured sauce or regular sauce. I prefer plain, regular bbq sauce.
- Garlic — you won’t be sorry adding a good kick of garlic to these ribs!
- Olive oil — a little oil in the sauce gives even crispier, caramelised benefits when mixed by means of the barbecue sauce.
- Worcestershire sauce — adds amazing flavour!
For these of you who adore a minor heat or spice in your life, you can include in Chili or Cayenne powder!